Pope Francis: Nelson Mandela will Inspire Generations
The Head of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis has paid tribute to the late Nelson Mandela and praised his legacy in the fight for human dignity.
"I pray that the late president's example will inspire generations of South Africans to put justice and the common good at the forefront of their political aspirations", wrote the Pope in a telegram to South African President Jacob Zuma.
The Pope went on to praise "the steadfast commitment shown by Nelson Mandela in promoting the human dignity of all the nation's citizens and in forging a new South Africa built on the firm foundations of non-violence, reconciliation and truth".
The death of Nelson Mandela, aged 95, was announced on Thursday night by President Jacob Zuma.
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza