Klitschko: Mobilize Everyone across Ukraine
As Ukraine protestors remain in a stand-off over the EU deal, opposition leader Vitali Klitschko - a former world boxing champion - urged supporters not to give up control of central Kiev.
"We must mobilise everyone across the country and not lose the initiative," he said.
Protests started more than a week ago after President Yanukovych suspended preparations for signing an EU association agreement that would have opened borders to goods and set the stage for an easing of travel restrictions.
Yanukovych argued that Ukraine could not afford to sacrifice trade with Russia, which opposed the deal.
- » Romanian President Appoints New Finance Minister
- » Iran Nuclear Program Talks in Switzerland Intensify
- » Former Israeli PM Convicted in Corruption Retrial
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry