Klitschko: Mobilize Everyone across Ukraine
As Ukraine protestors remain in a stand-off over the EU deal, opposition leader Vitali Klitschko - a former world boxing champion - urged supporters not to give up control of central Kiev.
"We must mobilise everyone across the country and not lose the initiative," he said.
Protests started more than a week ago after President Yanukovych suspended preparations for signing an EU association agreement that would have opened borders to goods and set the stage for an easing of travel restrictions.
Yanukovych argued that Ukraine could not afford to sacrifice trade with Russia, which opposed the deal.
- » Islamic State Battling Syrian Rebel Groups 10 km from Central Damascus
- » Bulgaria Hosting International Southeast European Studies Conference
- » Clashes, Grenade Explosion Take Place Outside Ukraine’s Parliament
- » Bulgaria Police Helping Patrol along Hungary-Serbia Border
- » Authorities Detain Fourth Bulgarian over Dead Migrants Found in Truck in Austria
- » Hungary Completes Fence at Border with Serbia Earlier Than Planned