Klitschko: Mobilize Everyone across Ukraine
As Ukraine protestors remain in a stand-off over the EU deal, opposition leader Vitali Klitschko - a former world boxing champion - urged supporters not to give up control of central Kiev.
"We must mobilise everyone across the country and not lose the initiative," he said.
Protests started more than a week ago after President Yanukovych suspended preparations for signing an EU association agreement that would have opened borders to goods and set the stage for an easing of travel restrictions.
Yanukovych argued that Ukraine could not afford to sacrifice trade with Russia, which opposed the deal.
- » Kiev, Pro-Moscow Rebels Agree to Set Buffer Zone to Bolster Ceasefire
- » First French Air Strikes Against Islamic State Destroy Supply Depot
- » Russia Mulls Isolating Itself from Global Internet
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor