Klitschko: Mobilize Everyone across Ukraine
As Ukraine protestors remain in a stand-off over the EU deal, opposition leader Vitali Klitschko - a former world boxing champion - urged supporters not to give up control of central Kiev.
"We must mobilise everyone across the country and not lose the initiative," he said.
Protests started more than a week ago after President Yanukovych suspended preparations for signing an EU association agreement that would have opened borders to goods and set the stage for an easing of travel restrictions.
Yanukovych argued that Ukraine could not afford to sacrifice trade with Russia, which opposed the deal.
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says