Klitschko: Mobilize Everyone across Ukraine
As Ukraine protestors remain in a stand-off over the EU deal, opposition leader Vitali Klitschko - a former world boxing champion - urged supporters not to give up control of central Kiev.
"We must mobilise everyone across the country and not lose the initiative," he said.
Protests started more than a week ago after President Yanukovych suspended preparations for signing an EU association agreement that would have opened borders to goods and set the stage for an easing of travel restrictions.
Yanukovych argued that Ukraine could not afford to sacrifice trade with Russia, which opposed the deal.
- » Turkey's Erdogan Wondering about Russian Action in Syria
- » Eastern Ukraine to Postpone Local Elections for Next Year
- » Migrants 'Part of Bargaining, Hybrid War'- EU's Tusk
- » Angela Merkel’s Popularity Drops amidst Migrant Influx to Germany
- » Close to 400,000 Migrants Have Entered Greece by Sea since Start-2015 - UNHCR
- » Russia, U.S. Military Discuss Safety of Air Crews Operating in Syria