Private Universities in Bulgaria to Receive State Subsidies as of 2014
The draft higher education strategy 2014-2020 of Bulgaria's Ministry of Education and Science envisages state budget subsidies for private universities.
The state will subsidize private university students studying for jobs "plagued by chronic deficit of specialists with university education" according to the strategy, as cited by offnews.bg.
The admissions in such courses of study will increase.
Such programs are for instance engineering , according to the authors
State budget allocations to private universities are to be launched in the academic year 2014/2015, according to the project of the Education Ministry.
"As early as the 2014-2015 academic year, the government plans to increase admission numbers and incentives for state and private universities for professions characterized by a chronic deficit of specialists with university degrees. The aim will be to attract talented students into the development and implementation of research and business projects at universities," the strategy says.
The state will support research at private universities too.
Among the goals stipulated in the strategy is "encouraging a practical orientation of education and research at private universities, as well as their integration with foreign organizations (from EU member states and third countries)."
The strategy also envisages measures such as mergers of universities, introducing a new accreditation system for universities, introducing stricter state quality control by the state, and introducing two-part (academic and economic) governing boards of universities which are accountable to the Education Minister.
- » Over 6500 Bulgarian Students Will Receive Euro Scholarships For the Winter Semester
- » 1,200 Students will Receive Financial Support for Outstanding Performance
- » 892 Schools Across the Country are Closed Due to the Flu Epidemic
- » The Bourgas Prosecutor's Office Ordered a Check on Violence Against Children in a Kindergarten
- » In 887 Schools in the Country there are no Classes Because of the Flu
- » A Branch of the National Academy of Arts will be Opened in Burgas