Sofia University Marks 125th Anniversary, Honors Patron
Days after its blockade was partially lifted, the oldest high education institution in Bulgaria Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski, marks on November 25, 125 years since its establishment
Established in 1888 and named after one of most prominent enlighteners of Bulgaria, (St Clement of Ohrid, St Kliment Ohridski), the university celebrates, along with the Orthodox Church, its patron.
In recent weeks, Bulgaria’s capital Sofia has witnessed a series of student protests and the occupation of university buildings that have injected new life into a persistent anti-government movement.
In recent years, the celebrations have been marred by protests rallies of students and educators against budget cuts. The main argument of the protestors was that undercutting a country's education and science inevitably leads not only to spiritual, but also to social and economic downfall.
- » Students From Varna with Award from NASA
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Sofia Mayor Fandakova Promised at Least 4 New Schools in the Capital
- » Sofia University will Create its own Educational TV Network
- » New Programs will Support the Development of Education in 2018
- » 1219 schools in the Country are Closed Due to the Cold Weather