Bulgarian Corruption Scandal Will Echo in Europe, Believes MEP
The money laundering scandal involving an ex-Bulgarian Deputy Parliament Chair will not be bypassed by the European Commission in its next report, believes MEP Antoniya Parvanova.
According to Parvanova, the scandal with Hristo Biserov comes on the back of many more similar ones, which cast a shadow on Bulgaria’s image in Europe.
“Again Bulgaria? Again corruption?”, is what will be echoed in Europe, thinks Parvanova.
She added that tax evasion and fraud are currently central topics on the European Commission’s agenda.
On Friday, former Deputy Parliament Head and Deputy Head of the liberal Movement for Rights and Freedoms, Hristo Biserov, was charged with money laundering and covering up an account at a Swiss bank and failing to declare it before the National Audit Office.
The authorities claim that the former MP had known the money transferred by him had been acquired through criminal activity.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds