Popular Bulgarian Director Voices Support for Student Protests
Prominent Bulgarian director Yavor Gardev has joined a long list of his colleagues supporting the antigovernment protests in the country.
After the end of a performance of Shakespeare's Hamlet, which he directed, Gardev has surprisingly stepped on the stage of the National Ivan Vazov Theater and has stated before the audience the following:
"I am Yavor Gardev. I want to say that we oppose the use of force against Bulgarian citizens and support the attempts to build a civil society."
The statement has been met by long-lasting, thundering applause.
- » Is Spring Finally Coming?
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time This Weekend
- » Increase of Heart Attacks and Strokes Due to the Sharp Temperature Change
- » China's Tiangong-1 Space Lab Expected to Fall to Earth Over Easter Weekend
- » Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
- » Snow, Sandstorm Hit Greece in a Single Day (Photos and Video)