Bulgaria to Restructure Notorious Science Fund
The Bulgarian cabinet will close the Research Fund unit at the Ministry of Education and will create a new agency to control money for science.
The unveiling of the new agency will take place within weeks, according to a report by Bulgarian daily Trud.
The new body will also include the Innovation Fund at the Ministry of Economy, and will not be under the auspices of the Education Ministry, but rather under the Council of Ministers or the Ministry of Finance.
The check unveiled an alarming number of bogus projects approved by the agency in breach of regulatory and internal requirements.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021