Forget Halloween, Bulgaria Needs Enlighteners!
Previously completely ignored in Bulgaria, Halloween has enjoyed escalating popularity over the years as the country made a transition to Western-like lifestyle.
To the point that on November 1, few Bulgarians celebrate the National Enlighteners Day. Most are still talking about Halloween.
Have we forgotten our spiritual leaders? Why not celebrate this Bulgarian holiday with the enthusiasm and excitement that we put into Western masquerades?
On a day like today, one can see light and hope only in the eyes of the young people, protesting in the streets. Heroes of our time, who are enlightened enough to stand their ground till the end.
To show the world that Bulgaria is not only behind-the-curtain deals and corruption. To show that Bulgaria's masquerade is far more sinister than Halloween and it is high time it stopped. The enlighteners are among us and it is time to wake up.
The National Enlighteners Day will no longer be just a special date. But a memory that gives hope. The hope that we are awake and enlightened.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Migrant Quotas Looking Ludicrous
- » The Only Question Mark after Bulgaria's Local Elections
- » Why Low Turnout in Bulgaria’s E-Voting Referendum Is Really Disturbing
- » Bulgaria Migrant Death: Guilty Until Proven Innocent?
- » Migrant's Death in Bulgaria Calls into Question Turkey's Aid Request - MEP
- » Bulgaria as a Movie Setting? New Promotion Video Leaves Public Divided
The ridiculous antics on Hallowe'en are just another stupid US import which Europe can well do without. We owe it to our educators, who are paid pitifully small salaries, even by Bulgarian standards, to show them that we respect their dedication and financial sacrifice in the interests of this country's future!