Bulgaria FM: Boevski's Mystery Return Shows Poor Coordination of Institutions
An investigation is underway of the circumstances that left Bulgarian institutions unaware of the return of a weightlifting athlete who was serving a prison sentence for drug trafficking in Brazil, said Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin
"The lack of communication on the case of Galabin Boevski put all concerned state institutions under strain," said the Bulgarian top diplomat.
"This situation cannot remain without consequences," added he, speaking in an interview for Darik Radio Tuesday.
Vigenin revealed that Bulgarian ambassador to Brazil Chavdar Nikolov has been called back to give an explanation regarding the case to his superiors at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
"Once I receive the report, I will meet ambassador Nikolov and announce my decisions," explained the Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Galabin Boevski, an Olympic champion in weightlifting, was in the beginning of serving a 9-year drug trafficking sentence in Brazil, but apparently received an expulsion document and turned up in Bulgaria last week.
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
- » Bulgarian President: Our Relationship with London Will be Active After Brexit
- » Italian PM: We Can Talk About Further Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Vice President Will be on a Working Visit to the Republic of Albania
- » Russian Ambassador to the US: The Meeting Between Putin and Trump in Danang was Encouraging
- » Putin Reported that Relations with Turkey were Fully Restored