Bulgaria FM: Boevski's Mystery Return Shows Poor Coordination of Institutions
An investigation is underway of the circumstances that left Bulgarian institutions unaware of the return of a weightlifting athlete who was serving a prison sentence for drug trafficking in Brazil, said Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin
"The lack of communication on the case of Galabin Boevski put all concerned state institutions under strain," said the Bulgarian top diplomat.
"This situation cannot remain without consequences," added he, speaking in an interview for Darik Radio Tuesday.
Vigenin revealed that Bulgarian ambassador to Brazil Chavdar Nikolov has been called back to give an explanation regarding the case to his superiors at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
"Once I receive the report, I will meet ambassador Nikolov and announce my decisions," explained the Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Galabin Boevski, an Olympic champion in weightlifting, was in the beginning of serving a 9-year drug trafficking sentence in Brazil, but apparently received an expulsion document and turned up in Bulgaria last week.
- » PM Borisov had a Meeting with the Russian Ambassador
- » Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
- » Bulgarian PM Discussed the Future Turkey-EU Meeting with Turkish Ambassador in Bulgaria - Hasan Ulusoy
- » Bulgaria Plots to Help Turkey Join the EU in Defiant Stand Against Brussels
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will Take Part in the Foreign Affairs Council Today
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting