138 Syrian Refugee Children Start Studying Bulgarian
Over 138 Syrian children in immigration centers are beginning to study Bulgarian language, according to the Minister of Education, Aneliya Klisarova.
The classes will last for 6 months, and then the children will be integrated in Bulgarian schools.
According to Minister Klisarova, it would be good for Bulgarian school students to get involved in a campaign in support of Syrian refugees.
"The Ministry of Education does not require schools to help Syrian refugees," she said commenting on information that her institution has asked all schools in the country to work on forming positive attitude towards refugees. This task has been assigned in a letter from Klisarova to the regional inspectorates.
The letter was sent on October 1 by the Minister, but media just reported it.
As the letter was not made public, it caused all sorts of speculations. The Ministry already pledged to publish its content on its website.
"This is not a special letter to collect donations. It is an opportunity to show tolerance on our part to all refugees and especially from children to children. We should help refugees and it would be nice for our children to get involved in this assistance," said Klisarova.
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Sofia Mayor Fandakova Promised at Least 4 New Schools in the Capital
- » Sofia University will Create its own Educational TV Network
- » New Programs will Support the Development of Education in 2018
- » 1219 schools in the Country are Closed Due to the Cold Weather
- » Schools are Closing Because of the Snow