Who Killed Laura Palmer?
“Who killed Laura Palmer?” This is the question that drove "Peaksmania" throughout 1990 and 1991. Now the question has a Bulgarian version: “Who appointed Delyan Peevski?”
The genre of the show is horror, drama, thriller and science fiction, while the genre of our local show is still unknown.
On Tuesday, the Bulgarian Constitutional Court reinstated the controversial media mogul Delyan Peevski as a lawmaker after the cancellation of his appointment as the head of the State Agency for National Security (ДАНС or DANS), the Bulgarian secret service.
This decision singlehandedly jolted back to life an anti-goverment protest movement, which had significantly lost steam since the end of the summer.
During his previous stint as member of parliament, Peevski preferred to play truant.
After the disastrous decision to appoint him as DANS head, he completely stopped going to work. Why does he need to be reinstated as MP then? This is a much more valid question than the question everybody asks.
The hysteria discredited Bulgaria's parliament as never before. Even if it takes good decisions, they will be overshadowed by the scandal.
This is because the court ruling showed once again that some people in Bulgaria are untouchable.
- » Bulgaria is Currently Undergoing an Unusually Rapid Demographic Transformation
- » UN: 'Bulgaria Has Reduced Household Waste, Air Pollution Considerably'
- » National Statistical Institute Announced Number of Crimes, Accused Persons and Persons Convicted in 2016
- » Economically Inactive People in Bulgaria: Who are They and How Many are They?
- » Double Standard in Food Products on Western and Eastern European Markets
- » H.E. Irit Lillian, Ambassador of the State of Israel to Bulgaria: ' Valeri Simeonov Should Apologize to All Jewish People'
“Who appointed Delyan Peevski?”
for those who do not know.
Peevski is a member of the Turkish ethnic party (DPS).
He is Bulgarian but the Turks like to employ Bulgarians for some purposes.
There is a firm policy of loyalty of these party to its members.
This party is like a military teem they will support this person, because they have chosen him. If they did not support him they will show weakness.
the Socialists practically do not exists. They a not Bulgarian nor socialist party. They broke all possible links to most of the Bulgarian population. They need the Turks to survive now.
Observe what is happening in Bulgaria now an you will know what is going to happen in other European countries when the Muslim community grow enough to be politically represented.