Smoky Welcome for Bulgaria's National Team in Yerevan
Ugly scenes marred the arrival of Bulgaria's national football team in Yerevan.
Around 40 supporters of Armenia lined up in the airport hall and lit smoke bombs and firecrackers. They were shouting "gypsies, gypsies" at the Bulgarian delegation which was trying to make its way out, reports gong.bg.
The local authorities reacted immediately and escorted the Bulgarians out of the airport as quickly as possible.
Bulgarian Football Union President, Borislav Mihaylov, commented that he will make an appeal to UEFA and FIFA on the matter.
Bulgaria plays Armenia on Friday at 6 PM Bulgarian time in a World Cup qualifier.
- » Ludogorets Ended its Participation in the Europa League
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam