Bulgaria Can Benefit from Refugees
Thousands of refugees have fled to Bulgaria via Turkey since the outbreak of the Syrian civil war and locals are getting more and more hostile.
The fact that the state allots BGN 1100 per person each month seems to be getting on the nerves of most Bulgarians, worried about their own survival during the harsh winter months.
A Roma woman recently told a local TV channel that the Syrian refugees are taking what belongs to her. Many socially disadvantaged Bulgarians are fuming that the refugees' accommodation was arranged pretty quickly, unlike their own.
Syrian refugees are here and their numbers will increase. That's a fact. So the only right way to face the problem is to see refugees as potential, who can boost Bulgaria's economy.
The problem is that under local legislation they don't have the right to work nor do anything else until they are granted an official status of refugees.
In most European countries refugees are allowed to stay at the camp up to a certain moment, after which they are obliged to find a job and start earning their living.
Why not follow their example?
- » UN: 'Bulgaria Has Reduced Household Waste, Air Pollution Considerably'
- » National Statistical Institute Announced Number of Crimes, Accused Persons and Persons Convicted in 2016
- » Economically Inactive People in Bulgaria: Who are They and How Many are They?
- » Double Standard in Food Products on Western and Eastern European Markets
- » H.E. Irit Lillian, Ambassador of the State of Israel to Bulgaria: ' Valeri Simeonov Should Apologize to All Jewish People'
- » Eurostat: 2750 Asylum-Seekers in Bulgaria in 2016 Were Unaccompanied Minors
Well, guys - it's only fair to explore ALL possibilities for these "refugees" to be useful to the country...... http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=573428 ;)
Ha ha; BG cannot even boost it's own economy (except the Oligarchs and Pollies); and you think that these refugees will make everything "tickety boo" all of a sudden. And what kind of work will they be doing; slogging away on Stanishite's chain gangs? Any money earned by working refugees will be going back to Syria or elsewhere.