34-Year-Old Moroccan Wins 30th Sofia Marathon
34-year-old Lasen Mokadzhi from Morocco won the 30th edition of the Sofia Marathon on Sunday.
He won gold by covering the 42.194-km distance in 2.22:42 hours, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
Second place went to Morocco national Tyar Abdulhadi, while third place went to Bulgarian Yolo Nikolov (2.23:45).
The first three finishers received awards of BGN 5000, BGN 3000 and BGN 1000.
Among women, Bulgarian athlete Sylvia Danekova won gold.
Danekova, a Balkan Champion in the 3000m steeplechase, ran the distance in 2.52:27.
Second place went to Milka Mihaylova, six-time Sofia Marathon winner, who crossed the finishing line four minutes later, and third place went to Diyanka Davidova with 3.02:04.
A total of 230 competitors ran the full marathon, including 37 Bulgarians (24 men and 13 women).
Meanwhile, around 1000 Bulgarians took part in the shorter races, which included 3km, 6km and 18km runs.
This year's edition of the annual Sofia marathon was devoted to Sofia's nomination as European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final