Bosnia Snubs Eurovision, Joins Turkvision
Bosnia and Herzegovina has decided not to participate in the Eurovision song contest, and to join newly founded alternative Turkvision.
The move is motivated by what Bosnia's TV organizers have deemed too high costs for taking part in Eurovision, writes Serbian website Novi Magazin.
Turkvision (Turkvizyon), announced by Turkish national TV channel TRT earlier this year, was created in protest against Eurovision voting rules, which see the so-called big four, the UK, Germany, France and Spain qualify directly for the final.
It was originally designed to include participant from Turkic countries and autonomous entities from Europe and Asia.
Turkey did not take part in this year's Eurovision in Sweden and is likely not to participate in 2014 Eurovision to be held in Denmark in May.
The final rounds of this year's Turkvision will take part end of December, with the grand finale scheduled for December 23 in Eskisehir.
- » Sofia Court Approves Dismantling of 1300 Years Bulgaria Monument
- » Nigel Kennedy to Present Hendrix Project in Sofia on May 10
- » Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins to Give Lecture at Sofia Science Fetsival
- » Julio Iglesias Will Share Stage with Eldest Son at Sofia Concert
- » Bulgaria's The Sinking of Sozopol Gets Seven Nominations at New York City International Film Festival
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
One of the problems with talent contest shows is that they are constrained to their own country. Consider how large the audience would be if the contest were worldwide. Entire countries would tune in to cheer and vote for their favorite contender.
Superxtar.com will be the first interactive worldwide musical contest.
Great idea! Eurovision has to change some rules to return to old glory. For me it’s so interesting that even some European countries such as Bosnia-Herzegovina will be part of “Turkvizyon 2013″. Their representative is phenomenal rock band “Emir & Frozen Camels”. Band that already has music collaborations with a huge World music stars like Lenny Kravitz and AC/DC. Can’t wait to see and listen them!