Crisis Drives Greeks to Bulgarian Dentists
Residents of the northern Greek city of Xanthi are increasingly crossing the border into Bulgaria in search of cheap dental services.
The average price for dental fillings in Bulgaria ranges between EUR 15-20, informs the daily Imerisia. The president of the Greek dentists' union Andras Pandazopolous explained that these are mostly patients without covered health insurance.
According to the chairman of the Dental Tourism Association in Bulgaria Ventsislav Stoev, the global economic crisis provides a new opportunity for the country to develop further its dental tourism.
Greek dental tourism is so popular that clinics in Petrich have already started writing their working hours in both Bulgarian and Greek. It is mainly working class Greeks who go there; some of them also speak Bulgarian.
- » Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
- » Pirogov Hospital Continues to Operate Despite the Protests
- » World AIDS Day 2017
- » 140 People Have Been Examined in the Pirogov Hospital for the Last 24 Hours
- » Patient Organizations are Protesting
- » University Oncological Hospital Forms Groups for Psycho-emotional Support