Crisis Drives Greeks to Bulgarian Dentists
Residents of the northern Greek city of Xanthi are increasingly crossing the border into Bulgaria in search of cheap dental services.
The average price for dental fillings in Bulgaria ranges between EUR 15-20, informs the daily Imerisia. The president of the Greek dentists' union Andras Pandazopolous explained that these are mostly patients without covered health insurance.
According to the chairman of the Dental Tourism Association in Bulgaria Ventsislav Stoev, the global economic crisis provides a new opportunity for the country to develop further its dental tourism.
Greek dental tourism is so popular that clinics in Petrich have already started writing their working hours in both Bulgarian and Greek. It is mainly working class Greeks who go there; some of them also speak Bulgarian.
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens
- » We Mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year
- » 5 Foods to Include in your Menu for Good Eyesight
- » Only 3% of Bulgarians are Vaccinated Against Flu