Bulgarians to Stage Global Anti-Govt Rally on Independence Day
Bulgarians from over twenty cities across the globe are going to join people in their homeland protesting against the government with demands for its resignation.
The rallies under the motto "Bulgaria Independent from Political Mafia" will be held on Sunday, September 22, the date when the country celebrates Independence Day.
In addition to the Bulgarian capital Sofia, Bulgarians from London, Budapest, Brussels, New York, Munich, Toronto, Montreal, Geneva, Glasgow, Bristol, Freiburg, Barcelona, San Francisco, Vienna, Seattle, Zurich, Toulouse, Oslo, Mannheim, and Frankfurt, have confirmed participation in the protest in the group DANSwithme World in Facebook.
Organizers say the rallies start at 5 pm. The one in Brussels begins at 4 pm.
The 100th day of antigovernment protest rallies in Bulgaria will be marked on Saturday. On that day the demonstrators plan to march with banners showing the 100 mistakes of the rulers during their 100 days in office.
Anti-government rallies in Sofia have subsided in numbers, but participants remain relentless in their struggle to "topple" the Socialist-led government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
The rallies, at times reaching 20 000 and even 30-40 000 in Sofia, were triggered by the appointment of notorious media mogul and lawmaker Delyan Peevski as Head of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) back on June 14.
The protesters were not appeased by the subsequent cancellation of the decision and went on to demand the resignation of the cabinet over ties with oligarchs and a number of controversial appointments.
- » Galab Donev: ‘Forming A Parliamentary Commission on Outstanding Salaries Is a Step In the Right Derection'
- » President Radev Demands EU Role As Mediator Between Macedonia Political Parties
- » Varna Airport Reopens In Wake of Suspicious Luggage Alert
- » President Radev: ‘I Shall Insist On Stronger EU Commitment to Republic of Macedonia’
- » Increased Traffic Police Check Points Over the Weekend
- » Sofia Parliament Adopts Declaration For Macedonia
...and the wheat, not sugar cane, in addition...also there, in Cuba...