Bulgaria's First Smart Classroom Opens in Sofia
The first ever smart classroom in Bulgaria was opened in Sofia Wednesday by the mayor of the city Yordanka Fandakova in "Fr?d?ric Joliot-Curie" high-school.
A joint project of "Samsung Bulgaria" and the NGO "Junior Achievement Bulgaria", the smart classroom is fully equipped with state of the art technology.
Tablets and laptops are provided for the 26 workstations in the room.
The smart classroom project is part of Junior Achievement' "Success Skills" program, which aims to teach students the essential interpersonal and technical skills required to create their own business.
"Samsung" and "Junior Achievement" operate jointly the„smart classrom“ initiative in 20 countries total.
By the end of the year another smart classrom is scheduled to be opened in "Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridsky", announced "Samsung Bulgaria".
Sofia's municipality administration will support the local schools in their efforts to renovate themselves, so that smart classrooms could be installed in more of them, said the city's mayor, Yordanka Fandakova.
"I am aware that Bulgaria was among the most technologically advanced countries, back in the days of the communist block and currently it is ranked 22nd in the world in terms of internet infrastructure capacity," announced his excellency, Shin Meng-ho, Ambassador of Republic of Korea, who also attended the opening.
- » The Prosecutor's Office is Investigating the Admission of Foreign Students at Medical University Sofia
- » In 60 Schools in the Country the Classes are Stopped
- » Sofia University Starts Protests after January 22nd
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » This Bulgarian Business School Offers Bitcoin Scholarships
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration