11 Schools in Bulgaria to Close in September, 34 others At Risk
A total of 11 schools in Bulgaria will be closed in September and some 34 other face the threat of closure, according to the Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union.
In 2008, over 300 schools in Bulgaria were closed, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
Since then, the number of schools in the country has declined every year without exception.
The Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union has called for amending the terms for granting protected status to schools so as to avert the prospect of closure for 34 institutions by end-2013.
- » Sofia University Starts Protests after January 22nd
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » This Bulgarian Business School Offers Bitcoin Scholarships
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria