11 Schools in Bulgaria to Close in September, 34 others At Risk
A total of 11 schools in Bulgaria will be closed in September and some 34 other face the threat of closure, according to the Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union.
In 2008, over 300 schools in Bulgaria were closed, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
Since then, the number of schools in the country has declined every year without exception.
The Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union has called for amending the terms for granting protected status to schools so as to avert the prospect of closure for 34 institutions by end-2013.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK