11 Schools in Bulgaria to Close in September, 34 others At Risk
A total of 11 schools in Bulgaria will be closed in September and some 34 other face the threat of closure, according to the Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union.
In 2008, over 300 schools in Bulgaria were closed, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
Since then, the number of schools in the country has declined every year without exception.
The Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union has called for amending the terms for granting protected status to schools so as to avert the prospect of closure for 34 institutions by end-2013.
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Sofia Mayor Fandakova Promised at Least 4 New Schools in the Capital
- » Sofia University will Create its own Educational TV Network
- » New Programs will Support the Development of Education in 2018
- » 1219 schools in the Country are Closed Due to the Cold Weather
- » Schools are Closing Because of the Snow