Prominent Bulgarian Pop Composer Dies at 68
One of the best known Bulgarian composers of pop music, Nayden Andreev, has passed away at the age of 68.
His family reported the sad news. Naydenov has suffered a heart attack.
He was born on June 12, 1945 in Sofia.
Andreev is among the leading contemporary Bulgarian composers with his hits performed by Bulgarian top pop stars such as Lili Ivanova, Margarita Hranova, Vasil Naydenov, and Borthers Argirovi, among others. The news about his dead came as shock for many of them and of his fans.
Andreev has also composed music for movies, TV shows and musicals. He has numerous awards from musical festivals in Bulgaria and abroad and is a member of the Union of Bulgarian Composers.
The farewell ceremony and the funeral will take place Wednesday.
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91
- » At the Age of 90, Poet John Ashbery Died
- » 20 Years Since Princess Diana's Death