Prominent Bulgarian Pop Composer Dies at 68
One of the best known Bulgarian composers of pop music, Nayden Andreev, has passed away at the age of 68.
His family reported the sad news. Naydenov has suffered a heart attack.
He was born on June 12, 1945 in Sofia.
Andreev is among the leading contemporary Bulgarian composers with his hits performed by Bulgarian top pop stars such as Lili Ivanova, Margarita Hranova, Vasil Naydenov, and Borthers Argirovi, among others. The news about his dead came as shock for many of them and of his fans.
Andreev has also composed music for movies, TV shows and musicals. He has numerous awards from musical festivals in Bulgaria and abroad and is a member of the Union of Bulgarian Composers.
The farewell ceremony and the funeral will take place Wednesday.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76