1 Tonne Contraband Tobacco Nabbed in Bulgaria
Police in second-largest Bulgarian city Plovdiv have uncovered and seized a hoard of close to one tonne of contraband tobacco.
The tobacco was found stored in a large bag on premises of a 45-year-old male Plovdiv resident with a previous criminal record.
The man has been detained for 24 hours and investigations are under way.
In a separate incident in the nearby town of Hisarya, police retrieved smaller amounts ot smuggled tobacco and cigarettes.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs