1 Tonne Contraband Tobacco Nabbed in Bulgaria
Police in second-largest Bulgarian city Plovdiv have uncovered and seized a hoard of close to one tonne of contraband tobacco.
The tobacco was found stored in a large bag on premises of a 45-year-old male Plovdiv resident with a previous criminal record.
The man has been detained for 24 hours and investigations are under way.
In a separate incident in the nearby town of Hisarya, police retrieved smaller amounts ot smuggled tobacco and cigarettes.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria