Bulgarian Students Grab 72 Cups in International Math Contest
Bulgaria has won 72 cups in the International Mathematics Competition 2013 for school students held in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian Education Ministry.
Ivan Ivanov, 12, student in the Mathematics High School in the capital Sofia has won a gold medal.
Bulgarian students have also grabbed 12 individual silver medals, 21 bronze ones, and 38 merit awards given for the fourth place.
A student from the Philippines and a student from Hong Kong have ranked 1st and second in the individual contest. 40 gold, 86 silver, 100 bronze medals and 83 merit awards have been bestowed in the individual competition.
In the team one, there were 24 gold cups, 48 silver and 72 bronze ones.
The International Mathematics Competition 2013 was held for the first time ever outside Asia. 1 080 students in two age groups took part in the contest.
Burgas Mayor, Dimitar Nikolov, awarded the winners in person.
- » Over 6500 Bulgarian Students Will Receive Euro Scholarships For the Winter Semester
- » 1,200 Students will Receive Financial Support for Outstanding Performance
- » 892 Schools Across the Country are Closed Due to the Flu Epidemic
- » The Bourgas Prosecutor's Office Ordered a Check on Violence Against Children in a Kindergarten
- » In 887 Schools in the Country there are no Classes Because of the Flu
- » A Branch of the National Academy of Arts will be Opened in Burgas