Bulgarian Students Grab 72 Cups in International Math Contest
Bulgaria has won 72 cups in the International Mathematics Competition 2013 for school students held in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian Education Ministry.
Ivan Ivanov, 12, student in the Mathematics High School in the capital Sofia has won a gold medal.
Bulgarian students have also grabbed 12 individual silver medals, 21 bronze ones, and 38 merit awards given for the fourth place.
A student from the Philippines and a student from Hong Kong have ranked 1st and second in the individual contest. 40 gold, 86 silver, 100 bronze medals and 83 merit awards have been bestowed in the individual competition.
In the team one, there were 24 gold cups, 48 silver and 72 bronze ones.
The International Mathematics Competition 2013 was held for the first time ever outside Asia. 1 080 students in two age groups took part in the contest.
Burgas Mayor, Dimitar Nikolov, awarded the winners in person.
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website
- » 200,000 Bulgarian Students will get Lockers and not Carry Heavy Backpacks
- » The Bulgarian State will Make Preschool Compulsory for 4-year-olds