City Center Sofia Goes for Major Facelift, Re-Positioning
City Center Sofia, Bulgaria’s first shopping center of modern type, is about to get a major refurbishment and new anchor tenants in a bid to re-position itself on the market, the owners announced.
The owners have hired ECE company to undertake a detailed feasibility study regarding the re-positioning of the property, following the positive results of an initial study, undertaken during the first half of 2013.
ECE has over 40 years experience in planning, construction and leasing retail projects throughout Europe, including Sofia. Currently the company owns and manages 187 shopping centers throughout Europe, including Serdika Center in Bulgaria‘s capital.
City Center Sofia (CCS) is the first shopping center of modern type in Bulgaria. Since it was opened in 2006, the project currently attracts over 13 000 visitors per day.
The re-positioning and re-branding of the property will include securing new anchor tenants, the improvement of internal layouts, the revision of the main entrance and external appearance and new signage.
CCS is located in the central business district of Sofia, on the busy intersection of Cherni Vrah and Arsenalski Boulevards.
„Our retail expertise is underpinned by several decades of experience in the sector as well as the financial strength of the ECE Group and enables us to cater to the full range of needs and requirements of our clients“, says Mr. Plamen Iltchev, Managing Director of ECE in Bulgaria.
AIG/Lincoln and Colliers will continue to act as Property Managers and Leasing Agents respectively.
The new cinema at CCS, operated by the Indian company Cine Grand, is due to re-open in the second half of 2013.
- » A Court in China Sells an Unfinished Skyscraper at an Auction
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin
- » Bulgaria Remains Among the 15 most Desirable Destinations for Buying a Second Home
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building