Blast Hits Chemical Plant in Louisiana, Injuries Reported
A chemical plant in the US state of Louisiana has been hit by a large explosion, according to officials.
The blast happened at the Williams Olefins chemical plant in Geismar, south of Baton Rouge.
The Iberville Office of Emergency Preparedness said it received reports of seven injuries from the plant explosion, CNN informs.
No casualties have been reported so far.
A Louisiana State Police dispatcher told CNN that authorities were evacuating the area around the plant.
The plant produces approximately 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer-grade propylene each year, according to the company's website.
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas