Blast Hits Chemical Plant in Louisiana, Injuries Reported
A chemical plant in the US state of Louisiana has been hit by a large explosion, according to officials.
The blast happened at the Williams Olefins chemical plant in Geismar, south of Baton Rouge.
The Iberville Office of Emergency Preparedness said it received reports of seven injuries from the plant explosion, CNN informs.
No casualties have been reported so far.
A Louisiana State Police dispatcher told CNN that authorities were evacuating the area around the plant.
The plant produces approximately 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer-grade propylene each year, according to the company's website.
- » Ikea's Taxes to be Investigated by European Commission
- » 10 People were Sentenced to Death in China in Front of an Audience
- » Billionaire Returns to Presidency in Chile after "a Short Break"
- » Seoul Accused Pyongyang of Stealing Cryptocurrency
- » At Least Eight Victims of an Attack on a Christian Church in Pakistan
- » Gaddafi's Son is Preparing for the Role of President of Libya