Blast Hits Chemical Plant in Louisiana, Injuries Reported
A chemical plant in the US state of Louisiana has been hit by a large explosion, according to officials.
The blast happened at the Williams Olefins chemical plant in Geismar, south of Baton Rouge.
The Iberville Office of Emergency Preparedness said it received reports of seven injuries from the plant explosion, CNN informs.
No casualties have been reported so far.
A Louisiana State Police dispatcher told CNN that authorities were evacuating the area around the plant.
The plant produces approximately 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer-grade propylene each year, according to the company's website.
- » Former Playboy Model Says Trump Tried to Pay her after Sex
- » Czech PM Babis Says will 'Probably' Expel Russian Spies
- » After 14 years: A Man Finds his Lost Cat
- » Smoking Freely will be Allowed in Bars and Restaurants in Austria for Now
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018