Radan Kanev Nominated to Chair Democrats for Strong Bulgaria Party
Ivan Kostov, former leader of the right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) party, has named the nominee of the party's governing body for DSB Chair, Radan Kanev.
Following the poor performance of the party at the May 12 parliamentary elections, DSB leader and former Bulgarian Prime Minister Ivan Kostov, DSB Deputy Chair Radan Kanev and Petar Moskov announced that they were resigning.
DSB failed to pass the 4% threshold to enter Parliament.
On May 13, Kostov made clear that DSB's governing body would resign collectively on June 23 and the party's national council would elect a new leader and a new governing panel.
During the press conference, Kostov also noted that DSB saw no reason to challenge the election results, adding that the outcome of the May 12 vote did not spell an exit from the crisis for Bulgaria.
Kanev, in turn, suggested that Bulgarians with democratic beliefs had been left without representation in Parliament, which was an unheard-of situation.
- » GERB Runner Elected Mayor of Bulgaria's Varna by Slim Margin
- » Bulgaria's Varna Elects Mayor in Neck-and-Neck Run-Off
- » Bulgaria's 'Fake Vote Ballots' Final Count Is 480 000
- » 'Fake Ballots' in Bulgaria's Elections Grow to 0.4 M
- » Bulgaria's GERB Alerts EU about Vote Void Claim
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Try Vote Void Case