Sofia University to Award Nobel Prize Winner Mario Vargas Llosa
Prominent writer Mario Vargas Llosa will be bestowed the title Doctor Honoris Causa of the Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
The Nobel Prize winner will receive the honorary title at on official ceremony starting 5:30 pm on Friday, May 17.
On Saturday, Llosa will meet some of his Bulgarian readers in the University’s 65th audience. The meeting will begin at 11 am.
The Peruvian novelist will arrive on the invitation of local publishing house Colibri, which recently published several of his books.
Mario Vargas Llosa, born in Peru in 1936, is the author of some of the most significant writing to come out of South America in the past fifty years. His novels include "The Green House", "The Feast of the Goat", and "Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter", among others.
He is also a widely read and respected essayist, writing everything from newspaper opinion pieces to critical works on other writers. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature for the year 2010, "for his cartography of structures of power & his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat".
- » UK's Top Hobbies
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Berlin Film Festival Kicked Off Today
- » Today Begins The 68th International Film Festival in Berlin
- » The ABBA Show is Coming for the First Time in Bulgaria
- » The National Art Gallery Received a Donation of Over BGN 1 million