Stanishev Says Bulgarian Ex-PM Scared to Get Rid of Aide
Sergey Stanishev, leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party, has stated that former Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov (2009-2013) is scared to get rid of his main aide, Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Stanishev argued that Tsvetanov, the country’s former Interior Minister, “knows too much about Borisov.”
On Monday, the Socialist leader described the former Interior Minister as the driving force behind the central-right GERB party’s alleged vote-buying. He also claimed that Tsvetanov “used the Interior Ministry for achieving political goals” during his term in office.
On Sunday, Borisov declared that he has “full trust” in the controversial former Interior Minister.
The former PM further claimed that ordinary Bulgarians “do not care too much” about the ongoing wiretapping scandal in the country.
- » GERB Runner Elected Mayor of Bulgaria's Varna by Slim Margin
- » Bulgaria's Varna Elects Mayor in Neck-and-Neck Run-Off
- » Bulgaria's 'Fake Vote Ballots' Final Count Is 480 000
- » 'Fake Ballots' in Bulgaria's Elections Grow to 0.4 M
- » Bulgaria's GERB Alerts EU about Vote Void Claim
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Try Vote Void Case
Let's see what happens one way or the other. TT has said that he will give up his immunity only after the elections; and by then the caretaker government will have had time to make its invesigations and he will read and address the conclusions. Arrogant SOB. There is no going back on your word TT if it is worth anything at all. Let's see if Batman can live without Robin after the elections.