Bulgarian Police Take Measures to Ease Heavy Easter Traffic
The Bulgarian police have said they have taken up a number of measures intended to facilitate heavy traffic in the country expected May 1-6.
In that period, Bulgarians are out on an extended holiday, starting Wednesday, May 1 - Labor Day - to continue through the festivities surrouding Sunday, May 5 - Easter.
This year, St. George's Day, May 6, coincides with the second day of Easter.
Police said that in particular they expect heavy traffic towards Greece, especially on the E-79 road, which is undergoing repairs at some locations.
Border authorities will boost personnel serving at crossing points to facilitate the passage of traffic.
Border police and traffic police forces will also be boosted at required locations.
Police will be doing intensive inspections for driving under the influence of alcohol, 10 pm - 2 am, especially on smaller roads.
- » How Long will the Bad Weather Continue?
- » Argentine Legally Changes Gender to Retire Early
- » Explosion at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic Killed at Least Six People
- » Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
- » Experts Forecast Total Change on the Job Market around 2030
- » Conditions For Blizzards in North Bulgaria and High Mountain Passes, Temperatures to Decrease