Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Nuclear Plant Back in Line after Minor Fault
Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy nuclear power plant, which suffered a technical problem last week, has been switched back on and is functioning properly.
Unit 5’s turbogenerator malfunctioned and was switched off the country's energy grid at last Sunday.
The turbogenerator was shut down due to a hydrogen leak in its cooling system.
The power plant’s employees reacted swiftly and prevented costly material damages.
The incident did not involve the reactor's nuclear facilities. No increased radiation rates were measured at the premises.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe