Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Nuclear Plant Back in Line after Minor Fault
Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy nuclear power plant, which suffered a technical problem last week, has been switched back on and is functioning properly.
Unit 5’s turbogenerator malfunctioned and was switched off the country's energy grid at last Sunday.
The turbogenerator was shut down due to a hydrogen leak in its cooling system.
The power plant’s employees reacted swiftly and prevented costly material damages.
The incident did not involve the reactor's nuclear facilities. No increased radiation rates were measured at the premises.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik