Bulgarian Greens Stress on Civic Involvement, SMEs in Campaign Bid
Buglaria's Greens have unveiled their campaign plaftorm for upcoming May 12 early elections, emphasizing more active citizenship, and an enviromentally responsible boost of the economy.
The party also presented their lists from the vote, composed via voting at a broad forum held earlier and also including non-party representatives of protesters in the Ferbuary rallies that toppled the cabinet of GERB party leader Boyko Borisov.
"Bulgarian society has matured to accept the Greens in parliamentary politics," said the party's co-chair Borislav Sandov at the press event Monday.
Formulated under the "There is Different Politics" motto, the Greens' program puts its first prist priority on "effective civic participation and control of goverment."
Apart from the traditional stress on the preservation of nature heritage, the party's platform also calls for a boost of enterpreneurship, especially in SMEs, and a strike down on cartel structures.
The Greens also vowed to work for a more effective education system and more accessible health system.
They also stressed on the need to greatly improve the energy efficiency and independence of Bulgarian households.
- » GERB Runner Elected Mayor of Bulgaria's Varna by Slim Margin
- » Bulgaria's Varna Elects Mayor in Neck-and-Neck Run-Off
- » Bulgaria's 'Fake Vote Ballots' Final Count Is 480 000
- » 'Fake Ballots' in Bulgaria's Elections Grow to 0.4 M
- » Bulgaria's GERB Alerts EU about Vote Void Claim
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Try Vote Void Case