Bulgaria Education Minister Vows New Job for Harlem Shake Teacher
Bulgaria's caretaker Education Minister has vowed to find a job for Hristo Danev, the teacher who was dismissed after doing the Harlem Shake dance with his students in the school yard.
After meeting with Danev on Friday, Miloshev vowed that the 33-year-old English teacher would be dispatched to another school as soon as possible, according to reports of the Bulgarian Telegrapg Agency (BTA).
Miloshev noted that Danev would not return to the same Plovdiv-based high school because his colleagues had said that they do not want him back.
Bulgaria's caretaker Education Minister noted, however, that Danev was a person who was doing his best to boost the prestige of the job of a teacher and to promote a new approach to students.
Danev, in turn, thanked parents for their support, adding that they had been part of the reason why he attended the meeting with Miloshev.
The teacher said that he had also been driven by the wish to support the cause of the Bulgarian teacher of today and to defend his personal prestige.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK
Interesting thing here is that it is reported he will not return to the same school because his colleagues do not want him back. One would have thought that, having done such a minor thing to get sacked, his colleagues would be backing his return. I suspect there is more to this story than meets the eye and maybe the reason for his sacking was just a convenient incident. If this is so and the guy is actually good at his job then, hopefully, he will learn from this experience and put his own house in order.