Irish Quinn Group Puts Sofia Hilton Up for Sale
The Hilton hotel in the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been put up for sale by its present owner Irish company Quinn Group because of debts.
In addition to the Hilton Sofia, Quinn Group is also selling the Sheraton in the Polish city of Krakow, the Bulgarian paper Capital Daily reported Monday.
US company Jones Lang LaSalle is the consultant in Quinn Group's sale of the two hotels.
February 22, 2013, is the deadline for submitting non-binding offers for the Hilton Sofia, while the deadline for binding offers will be at the end of spring, the report said.
No starting price for any of the two hotels has been mentioned but Quinn Group is said to be hoping to cover a EUR 121 M debt from The Bank of New York Mellon to one of its companies.
The consultant has stressed the good location, strong brand, and the recovering hotel services market in Sofia as advantages for the Hilton in the Bulgarian capital.
- » Bulgaria Remains Among the 15 most Desirable Destinations for Buying a Second Home
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property