Bulgaria's Top University Hikes Tuition Fees
Tuition fees in Bulgaria’s oldest and most prestigious university, the Sofia University “Saint Kliment Ohridski” are going up 8% much to the discontent of parents and students.
The decision has been made by the University’s Academic Board.
Thus, the lowest fee per semester is now BGN 360, while the highest is BGN 1 000 for the School of Medicine. This is a raise of BGN 10 to BGN 38, respectively.
The new fees apply for all programs – bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degrees.
Students, who were present at the sitting of the Academic Board, have voiced strong opposition to the move. They have been backed by some of their University lecturers.
The students are calling for annulment of the decision, which has been made unanimously by the 22 Academic Board members.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK