Bulgaria's Top University Hikes Tuition Fees
Tuition fees in Bulgaria’s oldest and most prestigious university, the Sofia University “Saint Kliment Ohridski” are going up 8% much to the discontent of parents and students.
The decision has been made by the University’s Academic Board.
Thus, the lowest fee per semester is now BGN 360, while the highest is BGN 1 000 for the School of Medicine. This is a raise of BGN 10 to BGN 38, respectively.
The new fees apply for all programs – bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degrees.
Students, who were present at the sitting of the Academic Board, have voiced strong opposition to the move. They have been backed by some of their University lecturers.
The students are calling for annulment of the decision, which has been made unanimously by the 22 Academic Board members.
- » In 60 Schools in the Country the Classes are Stopped
- » Sofia University Starts Protests after January 22nd
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » This Bulgarian Business School Offers Bitcoin Scholarships
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times