Bulgaria's Capital Prosecutor Dies of Cancer Aged 39
Sofia district prosecutor Alexander Nalbantov has passed away after losing a tough battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 39.
Alexander Nalbantov is survived by his wife and two little children.
Prosecutor Nalbantov needed expensive treatment abroad for which his colleagues pooled their efforts to raise money.
Speaking for an interview last year for 24 hours daily, he – half jokingly – said that he is hating Mondays and Austria's capital does not bring the good emotions that it used to after he started to get his chemotherapy in Vienna on the first day of every week.
His colleagues described him as a clever and capable young man, an excellent prosecutor and a good man, who brought innovations in Sofia District Prosecutor's Office and set an example to be followed.
May he rest in peace!
- » Ursula K Le Guin, Sci-fi and Fantasy Author, Dies Aged 88
- » The Actress Dafina Katsarska is One of the Two Women Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50