DARIO FO TO STAGE AN OPERA IN PLOVDIV
Society | August 18, 2001, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Nobel laureate for literature Dario Fo is to arrive in Plovdiv on October 12. The famous playwright is arriving to promote before the Bulgarian public the co-production of `The Barber of Seville` directed by him. In Bulgaria a numerous international team is working on the performance. The Plovdiv-based Opera and Philharmonic Society is taking great part in it by its choir, orchestra, ballet and technical performances. Two Italians are to conduct the opera - one of them has conducted a show by `Pavarotti and Friends`. `The Barber of Seville` is a precise replica of the show, which Dario Fo staged two years ago. The idea of the costumes and stenography of the unconventional opera performance also belongs to the renowned Italian. The three premieres are to take place on October 19, 20 and 21. During the shows the text will be translated into Bulgarian on a special screen.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
- » A Collector from Varna Gathered 21 000 Tickets for Public Transport
- » BGN 2340 per Month are Needed for or a Normal Life of a Family of Four in Bulgaria
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)