Economic Police Storm Office of Sofia-based TV Channel
Economic police have stormed the office of private TV channel TV+, according to reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
TV+ is owned by satellite operator Bulsatcom which is involved in a financial dispute with private TV channels bTV and TV7.
Police officers are conducting investigative steps in connection with pre-trial proceedings opened by the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office, according to reports of the Interior Ministry, as cited by mediapool.bg.
According to preliminary reports, the investigation concerns tax evasion.
Police officers are reported to have raided the office of TV+ on the day when the employees of the TV channel were supposed to receive their salaries.
The two parties are failing to reach agreement on a new contract.
On Tuesday, private TV channel TV7 threatened to withdraw its program from the Bulsatcom network if the operator failed to submit an unambiguous response on TV7's offer for a new contract by Friday.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan