Economic Police Storm Office of Sofia-based TV Channel
Economic police have stormed the office of private TV channel TV+, according to reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
TV+ is owned by satellite operator Bulsatcom which is involved in a financial dispute with private TV channels bTV and TV7.
Police officers are conducting investigative steps in connection with pre-trial proceedings opened by the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office, according to reports of the Interior Ministry, as cited by mediapool.bg.
According to preliminary reports, the investigation concerns tax evasion.
Police officers are reported to have raided the office of TV+ on the day when the employees of the TV channel were supposed to receive their salaries.
The two parties are failing to reach agreement on a new contract.
On Tuesday, private TV channel TV7 threatened to withdraw its program from the Bulsatcom network if the operator failed to submit an unambiguous response on TV7's offer for a new contract by Friday.
- » Bulgarian Woman and her Two Children were Killed in Canada
- » Young Family was Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Armed Man Robbed a Casino in Sofia
- » 2 Men Sentenced in Germany For Art Forgery Scheme
- » Customs Detained More than 4000 False Labels of World-Famous Brands
- » Six People Died in Clashes in a Bolivian Prison