George Bush Senior Placed in Intensive Care Unit
Former US President George H.W. Bush was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at a Houston hospital on Wednesday, international media inform.
The admission followed "a series of setbacks, including a persistent fever," according to the family's spokesman.
The spokesman, Jim McGrath, stated that doctors were "cautiously optimistic" about his treatment. However, he has pointed out that the former US President "remains in guarded condition."
"They don't put you in the ICU because things are going well. So we're obviously hoping that the medicines and the treatments can help him turn things around," Mr McGrath said, as cited by The Telegraph.
Bush has been hospitalized since November 23, when he was admitted for a lingering cough related to bronchitis after having been in and out of the hospital for complications related to the illness.
- » Assad's Army will Help the Kurds Against Turkey
- » The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
- » Two Major Islamist Groups in Syria Unite
- » Israel Warned that it Could Act Directly Against Iran
- » Brazilian Prisoners Took the Guards as Hostages
- » Tillerson Admitted There Could be Introduction of New Sanctions Against Russia