George Bush Senior Placed in Intensive Care Unit
Former US President George H.W. Bush was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at a Houston hospital on Wednesday, international media inform.
The admission followed "a series of setbacks, including a persistent fever," according to the family's spokesman.
The spokesman, Jim McGrath, stated that doctors were "cautiously optimistic" about his treatment. However, he has pointed out that the former US President "remains in guarded condition."
"They don't put you in the ICU because things are going well. So we're obviously hoping that the medicines and the treatments can help him turn things around," Mr McGrath said, as cited by The Telegraph.
Bush has been hospitalized since November 23, when he was admitted for a lingering cough related to bronchitis after having been in and out of the hospital for complications related to the illness.
- » Russia will Reduce its Military Presence in Syria by the End of the Year
- » In 2018 SpaceX Plans to Make 50% more Rocket Testing
- » 40% of Families in Russia with a Shortage of Money for Food and Clothing
- » Japanese City of Osaka puts an End to Friendship Agreement with San Francisco (Video)
- » Terrorists Threaten the Vatican
- » Switzerland Gives EUR 1 Billion for Eastern Europe