Bulgaria to Bid Farewell to Great Actor Kaloyanchev on Friday
Bulgarians will pay their last respects on Friday to Georgi Kaloyanchev, one of the country's most prominent and beloved actors.
The ceremony will start at midday at the Theatre of Satire.
Kaloyanchev passed away at the age of 87 on Tuesday.
"Loved and revered by the audience, his colleagues and friends, George Kaloyanchev will remain forever in our hearts with his bright talent and charismatic actor's presence in theatre and cinema", the Union of Bulgarian Actors said in a statement, circulated to the media.
Born in the city of Burgas on January 13, 1925, Kaloyanchev studied in the former theatrical school in Sofia. His first roles were in Sofia's National Theater.
The famous actor took part in some of the most emblematic and memorable Bulgarian movies, such as "Jack-of-All-Trades" (1962), "Tobacco" (1962), "The She-Wolf" (1965), "The Longest Night" (1967), "The Tied Up Balloon" (1969), "Bonne Chance, Inspector!" (1983) and "Bai Ganyo on His Way to Europe" (1991), among many others.
Kaloyanchev was an very versatile actor and will be remembered for both his comedy and dramatic roles.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76