Only Starting Teachers' Salaries Upped by 12% in Bulgaria
Only the starting salaries of junior, senior and supervising teachers will be increased by 12% in 2013, Bulgarian Education Minister, Sergey Ignatov, has announced.
All other teachers will get a 7% pay raise. There will be no Christmas bonuses for employees of the Education Ministry and school employees.
Ignatov further informed that Turkey is resuming the recognition of Bulgarian college diplomas with the information being confirmed by their Council of Higher Education.
"There is a forthcoming bilateral agreement to resolve all such issues individually in the future and not on institutional level," said the Minister.
He was in the second largest city of Plovdiv Friday to take part in the official ceremony on handing the diplomas to students from the Agrarian University there.
On Saturday, Ignatov will be a guest at a similar event at the Plovdiv College for Economy and Administration.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021