Ukrainian President Yanukovych Sacks PM Azarov, Govt
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet.
This has been made clear by a presidential decree posted on the website of the Ukrainian Presidency on Monday.
Mykola Azarov's cabinet has been instructed to stay on in an acting role.
Media reports earlier said Azarov had asked Ukrainian President Yanukovych to dismiss those cabinet members who were elected members of parliament in the October 28 elections.
Azarov reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president. He has been in charge of the Ukrainian government since March 2012, having been appointed after Yanukovych won the Ukrainian presidential elections a month earlier.
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » The EC Offers Mandatory Fingerprints in ID Cards
- » Merkel, Macron Meet to Plot Euro Zone Reform Road Map
- » Americans Waste 150,000 Tons of Food per Day
- » Saudi Cinema Launch Ends Decades-old Ban, Public Screenings Start Friday