Bulgarian GERB MP Quits on Conflict of Interest Suspicions
The Member of the Parliament from Bulgaria's ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, Vyara Petrova, has resigned from her parliamentary seat Friday.
Petrova further gave up on being the coordinator of GERB's municipal branch in the town of Karnobat.
Her decision came on heels of a tipoff against her for alleged conflict of interest, submitted by the opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, with the Parliamentary Subcommittee for Corruption among Senior Officials.
According to the tipoff, she had pressured the Karnobat Labor Bureau to grant to her husband's private company free vouchers to be used for training of employees.
The GERB Executive Committee is to make a decision on Petrova's resignations after the Parliamentary Subcommittee for Conflict of Interests announces the findings of their probe.
- » Telephone Scammers Took Nearly 45,000 Leva from an 80-year-old Woman (Shumen)
- » Train Hit a Bus with Passengers,People Are Injured
- » Again Blockade in Sofia, Closed Streets and Boulevards - See Where
- » The Famous Communist Era Buzludzha Monument is Progressively Collapsing
- » New Scholarships for Sports Students will be Provided by the Bulgarian Government
- » An Intentional Arson of Cars in Burgas; Police Evacuated a Whole Block