Body of Late Bulgarian Patriarch Departs to Home Monastery
The body of late Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Maxim is no longer lying in states in Sofia, as it is now being transferred to the monastery where he will be buried as per his will.
Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased Patriarch start Friday at 9 am EET at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in the Bulgaria.
Patriarch Maxim was the oldest Primate of Orthodox Church Patriarchs around the world, and he was at the helm for a record-long 41 years. He died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
Patriarch Maxim was 98.
- » The Curious Origin of the Tips
- » Six New Centers for Emergency Medical Care in Sofia
- » Snowfalls Forced the Airport in Frankfurt to Cancel 170 Flights
- » 5 Districts Protest Over the Poisonous Air in Sofia
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures Between 1°C and 6°C
- » Thousands Evacuated due to the Third Most Devastating Fire in California since 1932