Body of Late Bulgarian Patriarch Departs to Home Monastery
The body of late Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Maxim is no longer lying in states in Sofia, as it is now being transferred to the monastery where he will be buried as per his will.
Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased Patriarch start Friday at 9 am EET at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in the Bulgaria.
Patriarch Maxim was the oldest Primate of Orthodox Church Patriarchs around the world, and he was at the helm for a record-long 41 years. He died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
Patriarch Maxim was 98.
- » George Soros Donated USD 18 Billion to Open Society Foundations
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Clashes Between Police and Protesters Against Corruption in Kiev
- » Today is the European Day Against Human Trafficking