Bulgarian Traffic Police Launch 'Light' Campaign
Traffic police in Bulgaria are starting Thursday their traditional "Light" campaign aiming to lower the number of car accidents in the fall and winter.
The launch of the campaign was announced by the Interior Ministry's press office.
Experts claim that serious accidents rise dramatically in this period because the day gets shorter all while traffic intensity remains. Faulty lights are one of the most common issues leading to accidents, according to police officials.
This is why during the action the police are once again urging drivers to have their lights on throughout the day, which is now also mandatory in Bulgaria. Traffic officers will be performing routine checks on all types of vehicles concentrating mainly on the state of the lights. The campaign is covering the whole territory of the country.
The initiative is held for the 17th year in a row. It belongs to the Traffic Police unit at the National Police Directorate. The Union of Bulgarian Automobile Drivers, the Association of Automobile Makers, the State-Public Consultative Commission on Traffic Safety, the Executive Agency "Automobile Administration" at the Transport Ministry and the Bulgarian Red Cross are traditional partners of the traffic police.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » Large Oil Refinery in Texas is on Fire
- » April,20 - Hristo Prodanov is Becoming a Hero, Climbing Mount Everest Without the Use of Supplementary Oxygen
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Injured Police Officers in Violent Clashes in Paris (Video)
- » Bulgarian Photographer Took First Prize of a Prestigious Competition