Minor Fault Stops Unit 6 of Bulgaria's NPP
A technical glitch has switched off Unit 6 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Tuesday morning, announced the NPP's management.
The incident happened exactly at 9.24 am local time and did not involve the reactor's nuclear facilities.
No increased radiation rates have been measured at the premises, assured Kozloduy's management.
An element of the control system of Unit 6's turbogenerator has malfunctioned, which activated the unit's automatic protection system that switched it off the country's energy grid.
Measures have been taken to perform a full analysis of the reasons for the accident.
Kozloduy NPP's 1000-MW Unit 6 will be connected to the electricity network right after the imminent elimination of the glitch.
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Tesla Began the Serial Production of Solar Roofs
- » Minister of Energy: There are no Grounds for Raising the Price of Electricity
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
- » Russia has Delivered the First Quantities of Liquefied Gas in the UK