Top Nuclear Expert: Bulgaria and EU Cause Chaos
Politics | September 28, 2002, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgaria's demand for EC inspection in Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant is much more a "political gaffe" than a "mistake", Andre Maisseu, president of WONUC (World Council of Nuclear Workers) said for NET radio. In his opinion this move is embarrassing for the experts of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) who already inspected the N-plant safety. It raises doubts about their ability to assess nuclear energy sites. Bulgaria and the EU cause chaos in this field on a global scale, the expert said. According to him, if the assessment of the EU experts contradicts the conclusions of IAEA, which is a UN structure, this would discredit any safety checks and the authority of the UN itself. "We wouldn't know to whom to refer for effective control," Maisseu reasoned. He admitted he blames the EU rather than Bulgaria.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » No EU Consensus for North Stream 2
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » DailyMail: Bulgaria Deputy PM Wants New Laws to Stifle Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)