Top Nuclear Expert: Bulgaria and EU Cause Chaos
Politics | September 28, 2002, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgaria's demand for EC inspection in Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant is much more a "political gaffe" than a "mistake", Andre Maisseu, president of WONUC (World Council of Nuclear Workers) said for NET radio. In his opinion this move is embarrassing for the experts of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) who already inspected the N-plant safety. It raises doubts about their ability to assess nuclear energy sites. Bulgaria and the EU cause chaos in this field on a global scale, the expert said. According to him, if the assessment of the EU experts contradicts the conclusions of IAEA, which is a UN structure, this would discredit any safety checks and the authority of the UN itself. "We wouldn't know to whom to refer for effective control," Maisseu reasoned. He admitted he blames the EU rather than Bulgaria.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Britain’s Top Diplomat Boris Johnson: Russia’s Putin will use World Cup like Hitler used Olympics
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Тalks with EU President Donald Tusk
- » Slovak President Appoints Peter Pellegrini as New Prime Minister
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Merkel Attacked Turkey About the Offensive in Syria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)