Bulgaria's Miracle Workers
Second terms always pose a problem.
Obviously so for presidents, who - with nothing left to run for – just strive to live up to their first term.
Not that obviously so for prime ministers – second terms with them are a real miracle.
But it's namely "miracles" that Bulgaria's ruling GERB promised for its second term, which the party's leaders, pollsters and fortune tellers say it will win.
This is not the first time GERB promise a miracle - it fits Boyko Borisov's image well! Who hasn't got a whiff of his forceful ways to bewitch the audience?
The clock on his ambitious pledges from 2009 will run out in ten months, but even then more Bulgarians will be struggling just to make ends meet.
True, it's not easy to revive a moribund economy and spread the wealth quickly. The problem is we are not even on the right path (why read here).
They want to make us believe their term have all the makings of a fairy tale. In which however just few privileged subjects are living happily ever after.
If the many others do not feel embittered and betrayed, they are either too strong, stupid or may be bewitched.
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels
Milena, quit complaining and victimizing yourself like the rest of Bulgarians. Shesh what a blind bunch of losers. Be careful of what you're wishing because it might happen.
I think yes, the communists, the witch Kuneva, Dogan, bozo Martin and Volen will definitely bring Bulgaria to the right path, everything will flourish, people will be happy, all in pink, what's not to like. The real paradise with two words. You know you just have to wish it really strong before you go to sleep and it will happen. Keep dreaming girly!