The Soaring Bulgarian Tiger
Bulgarians quickly forgot PM Boyko Borisov flew third-rate football teams on the government plane despite the nation's dire state.
They shouldn't, it's inspiring: Borisov's team(!), the "Bistritsa Tigers"(!), and the team of Emil Dimitrov, ruling party GERB MP and Borisov's friend(!), took the Bulgarian government plane(!) to play in Varna(!).
Why should amateur teams from Western Bulgaria take the government plane to Eastern Bulgaria?... They should've flown to Hawaii!
Bulgaria keeps forgetting Borisov's blunders. But he explained: They deserve it! And they paid for it! What's the problem?
Then it turned out other "factors" also rented the government plane but the PM never explained who is entitled to that. And it never became clear where amateur clubs got the money to rent a plane, and why that one.
But the Bulgarian Tiger's flight is clear – he plays football, transports amateur teams, procures sponsors for CSKA and Levski Sofia. These must be Bulgaria's priorities!
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels