The Soaring Bulgarian Tiger
Bulgarians quickly forgot PM Boyko Borisov flew third-rate football teams on the government plane despite the nation's dire state.
They shouldn't, it's inspiring: Borisov's team(!), the "Bistritsa Tigers"(!), and the team of Emil Dimitrov, ruling party GERB MP and Borisov's friend(!), took the Bulgarian government plane(!) to play in Varna(!).
Why should amateur teams from Western Bulgaria take the government plane to Eastern Bulgaria?... They should've flown to Hawaii!
Bulgaria keeps forgetting Borisov's blunders. But he explained: They deserve it! And they paid for it! What's the problem?
Then it turned out other "factors" also rented the government plane but the PM never explained who is entitled to that. And it never became clear where amateur clubs got the money to rent a plane, and why that one.
But the Bulgarian Tiger's flight is clear – he plays football, transports amateur teams, procures sponsors for CSKA and Levski Sofia. These must be Bulgaria's priorities!
- » The Economist: The Difficulties of Exchanging Territory in the Balkans
- » Tomislav Donchev: In the Istanbul Convention, Society Saw a Great Deal of its Fears
- » For How Long will Housing Prices in Bulgaria Continue to Increase?
- » The West and Russia Stabbed the Kurdish People in the Back
- » Deutsche Welle: Why the EU does not Want to Hurry with Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Ski Resort Construction Causing Irreversible Damage to Pirin