Surrogate Bishops - 'Inferior Products' of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
The Bulgarian Orthodox Bishop of Plovdiv Nikolay has shocked the Bulgarian society again.
I won't even remind the scandals over the years about the Plovdiv Bishop's "Rolex"-es and luxury cars. I'll just stress such statements are mind-boggling for a nation in a demographic disaster that must be fighting for every life.
Apparently, the radical Nikolay is reaching new heights in Christian fundamentalism, increasingly resembling Florida pastor Terry Jones who burned the Quran in 2010.
Sadly, a gang of "surrogate bishops", mostly graduates of the DS, the secret service of the communist regime, have occupied the Bulgarian Orthodox Church – a former symbol of Bulgaria's glory and salvation.
Can you imagine Bishop Nikolay or his "Lincoln"-driving colleague from Varna Kiril being banished like Exarch Antim I who spoke out about the 1876 April Uprising massacres in the Ottoman Empire, or saving the Bulgarian Jews from Hitler like a true Bishop of Plovdiv, Cyril, in 1943?
I can't. So all we Orthodox Bulgarians are left with is seeking the few "non-surrogate" clergymen in Bulgaria.
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels