Thank You, Ecuador, for Defending Freedom!
- the whistleblower leaking thousands of secret US documents, exposing dirty political deals, secret agreements, and embarrassing truths – including about the "dark past" of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov!
Assange has been hiding for months in Ecuador's Embassy in London from the British police that seeks to extradite him to Sweden over dubious sexual assault charges.
(Remember former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn's trial for the "rape" of a lying hotel maid that cost him his political career!)
From Sweden, Assange might be deported to the USA where he might face death penalty over espionage charges.
It's perfectly logical for the USA to try to sentence the man who leaked their state secrets. But for better or worse there are countries resisting US hegemony – however demonized their "club" might be by Western media. Sometimes it is these regimes that accidentally defend true Western values.
This is true of Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa's brave decision to shelter Assange – a minor South American nation defended world freedom!
...and if the UK storms Ecuador's Embassy and deports Assange that will be the exact opposite!
- » The Economist: The Difficulties of Exchanging Territory in the Balkans
- » Tomislav Donchev: In the Istanbul Convention, Society Saw a Great Deal of its Fears
- » For How Long will Housing Prices in Bulgaria Continue to Increase?
- » The West and Russia Stabbed the Kurdish People in the Back
- » Deutsche Welle: Why the EU does not Want to Hurry with Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Ski Resort Construction Causing Irreversible Damage to Pirin