Thank You, Ecuador, for Defending Freedom!
- the whistleblower leaking thousands of secret US documents, exposing dirty political deals, secret agreements, and embarrassing truths – including about the "dark past" of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov!
Assange has been hiding for months in Ecuador's Embassy in London from the British police that seeks to extradite him to Sweden over dubious sexual assault charges.
(Remember former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn's trial for the "rape" of a lying hotel maid that cost him his political career!)
From Sweden, Assange might be deported to the USA where he might face death penalty over espionage charges.
It's perfectly logical for the USA to try to sentence the man who leaked their state secrets. But for better or worse there are countries resisting US hegemony – however demonized their "club" might be by Western media. Sometimes it is these regimes that accidentally defend true Western values.
This is true of Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa's brave decision to shelter Assange – a minor South American nation defended world freedom!
...and if the UK storms Ecuador's Embassy and deports Assange that will be the exact opposite!
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels