Stallone's Half-Sister Dies of Lung Cancer at 48
Sylvester Stallone's half-sister Toni Ann Filiti lost her battle with cancer and died on Sunday at 48, the family confirmed.
The news comes not long after Sylvester Stallone's son Sage passed away aged 36.
Toni, who was Sylvester's half-sister, was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year, but was thought to be recovering well at the home of Sylvester's mother Jackie Stallone.
However, she has now confirmed to the New York Daily News that the disease spread to her brain and led to her death on Sunday.
She said: "I was holding her in my arms. I had just washed [her] face and told her how pretty she looked, and she just fell asleep.
"She's too young to go, but she wasn't feeling any pain. What a terrible month. First Sage and now Toni," Jackie said. "It's hard. At least they're together now in heaven."
She added: "[Sylvester] said he can't take any more pain. He said he'll always be there for [Toni's] son."
Filiti had been in a local hospital recently but moved home for her final days.
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91